Contest entries
Purple nudi
By Caner Candemir
posted 11:20 CST Today (within the last hour)
bumble bee shrimp
By Lars Oliver Michaelis
posted 11:05 CST Today (within the last hour)
Run
By Sergiy Glushchenko
posted 09:57 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Shrimp on Coral/Photographed with a Canon 60 mm macro lens and SMC 1 at Anilao  Philippines
By Laurie Slawson
posted 09:39 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Juvenile Baramundi/Photographed with a Canon 60 mm macro lens at Anilao  Philippines
By Laurie Slawson
posted 09:38 CST Today (2 hours ago)
The Great Hammerhead Shark is an amazing shark and unfortunately under human threat due to its large dorsal fin and the fin trade
By Steven Anderson
posted 07:07 CST Today (4 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestCarval Rock
Virgin Islands U.S., Caribbean Sea
dive sites latestVinkeveense plassen
Netherlands, Landlocked Seas/Lakes
dive sites latestSteinbruch Ammels...
Germany, Landlocked Seas/Lakes
dive sites latestLake Torre Fumo
Italy, Thracian Sea
dive sites latestSpiaggia di Miseno
Italy, Tyrrhenian Sea
dive sites latestAzmak River
Turkey
dive sites latestLa Restinga
Spain, Atlantic (African coastal)
dive sites latestanikao
Philippines, South China Sea
dive sites latestMelasti Bali
Indonesia, Bali Sea
dive sites latestanilai
Philippines, South China Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Underwater Photo Contest Entry

Taken by: Manfred Bail

nik D2x Maldives, Ari Atoll, Vakarufalhi, Photoshop
nik D2x Maldives, Ari Atoll, Vakarufalhi, Photoshop by Manfred Bail
VOTES: 12
VOTE!

forum thread for this image
Posted: Thursday, November 23, 2006- (11/23/2006)
Category: Creative - Manipulated (Photoshopped)
Runner Up Runner Up 2006

editor's comments

Editor's Comment
Manfred's imagination (and photoshop skills) pulls another fantasy masterpiece out of the hat!
message this message is importantI've never learned how to do this but that a really neat composit. Marylin B

Marylin Batt
8201 point member
Marylin Batt member image

thanks for the compliment,
ilearned by books and 'learning by doing' - took me one year - and i´m still learning. most probably that will never end, new software and so on.

cheers - old manfred

Manfred Bail
2818 point member
Manfred Bail member image

message Your art is magnificent, Manfred. That's a really cool composition!

Old Jim

Jimc
8767 point member
JimC member image

message hi old jim,

thank you too for compliments - what´s right word for things like that now ? some say composit,
you say composition, seapics hawaii says composing - my english not really very good as i live in munich/bavaria.

cheers - old manfred

Manfred Bail
2818 point member

message Your English is excellent! I'm embarrassed that I don't know ten words of German. On my only travels in Germany (1973), I was on a boat that went from Rotterdam to Strasbourg. One night, the boat stopped in Dusseldorf, and before they let us off the boat, we had to memorize the words 'steiger drei' so we could find our way back after guzzling German beer. I still remember those words, but not much else.

Actually, I was in Germany for a few days in 2002, but only the part near Belgium, and we heard French as well as German.

Cheers and have a great weekend!

Jimc
8767 point member
JimC member image

message hi old jim,

thanks for answering, so you know a bit of the northern part of germany, that´s amazing, most yanks know more about the thouthern part with oktoberfest, neuschwanstein castle and munich with the 'hofbreuhaus' the temple of drinking beer!!!!! my english is getting worse and worse, i have been living in sydney austrailia from 70 to 72 and picked up quite some words - still not knowing the proper word for putting pics together - composing, composite or composition ????

have a nice weekend too - cheers old manfred

Manfred Bail
2818 point member

message Hi old Manfred! No no no, your English is excellent. I use 'composition' to mean putting together the elements of the picture, or if it's a camera photo, how I framed the photo. But I think 'composing' or 'composite' applies to your picture too.

Either way, you're a very talented artist. For an old guy, that is... :> )

Jimc
8767 point member
JimC member image