Contest entries
Periclimenes
By Fernando Robledano
posted 14:09 CST Today (within the last hour)
 Stormy Shadows 

Sometimes you capture and image that is moody  some what insane  but yet it appeals to senses in a way you cannot explain ..
By Allen Walker
posted 12:43 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Mandarin fish love.... They were quite shy this evening. I was lucky to get this shot  as I only took about 5 Mandarin fish photos. Shot using Canon 50d
By Cari Duffin
posted 11:29 CST Today (3 hours ago)
My friends is a graceful free diver and smoothly glides underneath a large whale shark near Isla Mujeres.
By Ken Kiefer
posted 11:14 CST Today (3 hours ago)
Squid colors
By Julio Sanjuan
posted 08:10 CST Today (6 hours ago)
A wire coral goby shot in double macro lenses
By Laura Dinraths
posted 07:58 CST Today (7 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestHelsinki swimming...
Finland
dive sites latestSS Turkia
Egypt, Red Sea
dive sites latestMbotyi
South Africa, Indian Ocean
dive sites latestdive spot: "Masap...
Philippines, Visayan Sea
dive sites latestStaryi Saltiv
Ukraine
dive sites latestKaramursel
Turkey, Sea of Marmara
dive sites latestPorthkerris
United Kingdom, English Channel
dive sites latestMO Wreck
Qatar, Persian/Arabian Gulf
dive sites latestlatina
Italy, Tyrrhenian Sea
dive sites latestDottins
Barbados, Caribbean Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Underwater Photo Contest Entry

Taken by: Glenn Storey

Lava Tubes
Lava Tubes by Glenn Storey
VOTES: 21
Check to vote!

forum thread for this image
Posted: Sunday, October 16, 2011- (10/16/2011 10:08:00 PM)
Category: Wide Angle - Close Focus
message this message is important Dear ......,
Thank for your latest submission to the UWP contest smile

You've requested a critique of your photo. How it works :
I will structure my critique into a few chapters and will list some suggested solutions to problem zones ( if there are any ). My critique will be like 2-3 posts in total, please wait with any answers until you see the note 'photo critic completed' - thanks smile

As we photo critics do this job as volunteers, a 'thank you' is always appreciated (no 'thanks' = no more critiques ).

Photo critiques here at UWP are meant to give a helping hand with an analytic review & to suggest solutions. The objective is to see you here as winner one day smile

And here we go ( critique/review starts with the next post ) !

Tn Diver
18490 point member
TN Diver member image

message This is an interesting image. I like the wide angle. There really needs to be more light from the photographers side
It looks as though there is a diver behind with a torch. One strobe might have enhanced this image. The clarity seems to be off and that also would be better if there was more lighting.

The composition is good and the subject is very interesting, looks like there might be quite a bit of good reef where this was taken. The light behind the the coral kinda takes away from the picture, maybe a spot remover might make this a better image. Keep shooting and submitting we love seeing divers and photographers working hard to perfect their shooting abilities!

Tn Diver
18490 point member
TN Diver member image