Contest entries
Pigmy
By Taner Atilgan
posted 07:55 CST Today (within the last hour)
Yellow Corals
By Taner Atilgan
posted 07:53 CST Today (within the last hour)
Pygmi sea horses . Nikon D800E   105 macro .
Two strobo sea and sea 120 Ys
By Marchione Giacomo
posted 06:35 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Ghostpipe fish   double exposition .
Nikon D800E   105 macro   snoot  Inon z240
By Marchione Giacomo
posted 06:33 CST Today (1 hour ago)
pink back light seahorse
By Leon Zhao
posted 06:32 CST Today (1 hour ago)
pika nudi @lembeh
By Leon Zhao
posted 05:04 CST Today (2 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestBunaken National ...
Indonesia, Celebes Sea
dive sites latestZeeland, sealand....
Netherlands, North Sea
dive sites latestThe Magnet: Belon...
Indonesia, Indian Ocean
dive sites latestKuanji tulamben bali
Indonesia, Bali Sea
dive sites latestkona offshore
United States, Pacific
dive sites latestAdrome
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico
dive sites latestHenderson Point, ...
Canada, Pacific
dive sites latestSealine beach, Qatar
Qatar, Gulf Of Oman
dive sites latestAdromina
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico
dive sites latestScoglio della For...
Italy, Tyrrhenian Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Question this message is important
Hi Guys,

1) Recently got attached setup (Olympus camera, Nauticam housing and Z240 strobes).
With this configuration I noticed that the handle bars are wobbly. So I'm considering adding a bracket across the top of the two handle bars to add stiffness.
Does anyone know of a bracket for this nauticam setup (the housing and arms are nauticam) that would do the trick? Would I need to make one myself?

2) on land, gravity makes the setup heavy, especially with the strobes apart as in the image. On land this requires the clamps to be tightened alot, so it is very hard to adjust the position of the arms. Would this be resolved by attaching the floating arms close to the strobes? Is there another way? (I was told that the dome on this camera makes the housing quite buoyant, which implies that floating arms close to the body is not required, but floating arms close to the strobes may be appreciated...).

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks!
K

Ksporry
9 point member
member image

message My recommendation would be to approach Nauticam for advice on properly securing the "wobbly"arms. Next, do not carry your camera system with the strobes deployed out of the water. Everything should be folded every time you enter/exit the water and only deploy your strobes in the water. Above all else, make sure your buoyancy skills in the water without a camera system are excellent. As a goal, you should be able to "hover"within a foot (up or down) of a chosen depth while doing simple tasks (i.e.) write on a slate or pass small equipment back and forth with a buddy. Once you can do that, introduce the camera system in a controlled environment (pool) and make any small changes to your trim/buoyancy. Cameras and strobes are a significant task load for a diver. If you are struggling with any equipment (dive gear or camera) your'e not thinking about taking photos.

Trust this helps and I look forward to seeing your work. smile

Mike

Michaelgrebler
3545 point member
michaelgrebler member image