Contest entries
Unveiled   A juvenile ribbon eel searches for prey
By Luke Gordon
posted 13:30 CST Today (within the last hour)
Groupers Suck
By Henley Spiers
posted 12:35 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Same ribbon eel  backlit one from last month   same dive  different approach
By Taner Atilgan
posted 11:33 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Underwater hills
By Taner Atilgan
posted 11:27 CST Today (2 hours ago)
A N I L A O

Sombero Island

Anilao  Philippines.
By Irwin Ang
posted 10:53 CST Today (3 hours ago)
Divers Descend to the wreck of the Numidia For an adventurous wreck dive in the Red Sea  Egypt.
By David Gilchrist
posted 10:40 CST Today (3 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestDooneen Pier
Ireland, Atlantic
dive sites latestKaş- Antalya- Turkey
Turkey, Mediterranean Sea
dive sites latestCenote Tajma Ha
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico
dive sites latestship yard puerto ...
Philippines, Philippine Sea
dive sites latestMed.sea
Italy, Tyrrhenian Sea
dive sites latestToolenbugse plas,...
Netherlands
dive sites latest-
Indonesia, Bali Sea
dive sites latestBelongas
Indonesia, Indian Ocean
dive sites latestUcadalar
Turkey, Mediterranean Sea
dive sites latestCala di Puolo, Ma...
Italy, Tyrrhenian Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Underwater Photo Contest Entry

Taken by: Elaine Wallace

Fimbriated moray staring match
Fimbriated moray staring match by Elaine Wallace
VOTES: 24
VOTE!

forum thread for this image
Posted: Saturday, March 1, 2014- (3/1/2014 5:18:00 PM)
Category: Macro - not swimming
Book a Dive Trip to Indonesia
message this message is importantFor a newbie like me this site provides inspiration and education from those who are clearly a cut above and also valuable feedback. Receiving votes means a great deal and I thank everyone who has taken the time to vote for any of my entries - and my shortlist literally made me squeak! For the last few visits, I have been chuffed to bits to have 20 votes and to be 3rd on the people's vote. When my entry became "last week" and it fell off both the general listing and people's vote, wanting to show my husband, I selected the specific category. I noticed that the individual category people's vote was not subject to the same time limit of a week and with one exception of a stunning posting from Steve Miller, the listing was made up of last month's entries. As a suggestion, would it not be more representative of the people's vote if across the board the lists followed the same criteria i.e. this week or this months' entries?

Ew
2538 point member
member image

message Hi Elaine,

I apologize but I cannot seem to understand exactly what you mean. Can you be more specific as to in which page you are seeing this inconsistency ?

Siteadmin
100783 point member
siteadmin member image

message Sorry, I will try to clarify. The latest entries tab lists images posted within the last 7 days and the people's vote (PV) is naturally taken from them. Each category i.e. macro -close up, also has a PV but this selection is extended not just to the current month but also to include the previous month's top voted images. As in general, images accrue votes over time, the PV lists for the individual categories include mainly older postings and few postings from the current month. I used to run a digital asset management company and while I do not want to tread on anyone's toes, I would like to put forward a suggestion that as the latest entries are limited to just 7 days, maybe narrowing the selection for the people's vote for the individual categories to, for example, the current months' postings or even a rolling 4 week window, would more closely represent current postings and opinions.

Ew
2538 point member
member image