Entries to the annual contest close 31st December 2017

17 days to go

Contest entries
Grand Cayman   The ex USS Kittiwake appears as if from a ghostly fog.  I also call this  Kittiwake In High Key .
By Susannah H. Snowden-Smith
posted 00:28 CST Today (within the last hour)
weedy looking at me
By Dave Baxter
posted Wednesday, December 13, 2017
Claire using the line
By Dave Baxter
This images of a French angelfish was captured on molasses reef in Key Largo Florida The French angelfish inhabits shallow reefs around fan corals eating on sponge and algae.
By Caleb Calloway
The Blue circle.
By Filip Staes
Tomato Anemonefish  Amphiprion frenatus
By Filip Staes

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestEs banc, Formentera
Spain, Balearic Sea
dive sites latestBitung
Indonesia, Molucca Sea
dive sites latestOil Platform
United Kingdom, North Sea
dive sites latestsouth coast england
United Kingdom
dive sites latestistanbul , Burgaz...
Turkey, Sea of Marmara
dive sites latestRuble Tower
Qatar, Persian/Arabian Gulf
dive sites latestKoh dock may
Thailand, Andaman Sea
dive sites latestacqua dive house ...
Philippines, Visayan Sea
dive sites latestShark point
Thailand, Andaman Sea
dive sites latestKho Phi Phi
Thailand, Andaman Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
message this message is importantSorry for the newby questions. Been shooting film and digital for 40+ years and decided to take dive lessons this summer. I plan to get an Olympus TG3 for shallow water diving and snorkeling and will probably get a housing for my old Canon G11. I was wondering if I should get some filters for the tg3 and what filters were commonly used to what depths and water conditions. I will be doing a day dive in Cancun over July 4th weekend and don't want to miss the opportunity for taking the best photos even though I'm just starting out. Thanks for your advice.... H2

Homer Humble
31 point member
Homer Humble member image

Answer Hi Homer,
Congrats on taking dive lessons! You won't regret it.

I would strongly recommend the cool ring flash accessory that fits the TG-3: website
It should be great for macro.
You can also get a red filter but it's not that much recommended for shallow / snorkeling. Only 5-15 meters. Shallower than that, your photos and videos would turn out red.
Getting is strobe is also recommended, as it is the only way to get the true colors underwater. Get a YS-01 for you G11 and sync it with fiber optic. You can get great photos with a system like that.
Last thing - remember underwater photography takes time to master and you have to improve your diving skills first, so don't get discouraged if the images aren't that good at first. It gets better smile

Good luck and enjoy!

Ranmor
1535 point member
ranmor member image

message If you have any more questions I would love to help! Just start a chat with us at website
The TG-3 is available here: website smile

Ranmor
1535 point member
ranmor member image

message Nice decision to take dive lessons. Here is an article how to choose equipment. website it will help you smile

Alejandro Lavandos
6 point member
Alejandro Lavandos member image