Contest entries
Colors.
Playing with Nikon Coolpix W110.
By Francesco Pacienza
posted 16:57 CST Today (within the last hour)
Shining in the dark/Bobtail Squid//Lembeh  Indonesia/Canon 5D Mark IV  Canon 100 macro F/2.8L   Sea Sea housing  A.T.G 10 Inon Z240 2  Solo1200 1.
By Yuping Chen
posted 13:57 CST Today (3 hours ago)
Anemone into his colorful dress
By Mario Robillard
posted 13:14 CST Today (3 hours ago)
a small horse
By Marc Van Den Broeck
posted 12:39 CST Today (4 hours ago)
Yellow pins
By Marc Van Den Broeck
posted 12:37 CST Today (4 hours ago)
Felimare picta
New light experiment
By Cumhur Gedikoglu
posted 11:50 CST Today (5 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestNesgja
Iceland
dive sites latestBunaken National ...
Indonesia, Celebes Sea
dive sites latestZeeland, sealand....
Netherlands, North Sea
dive sites latestThe Magnet: Belon...
Indonesia, Indian Ocean
dive sites latestKuanji tulamben bali
Indonesia, Bali Sea
dive sites latestkona offshore
United States, Pacific
dive sites latestAdrome
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico
dive sites latestHenderson Point, ...
Canada, Pacific
dive sites latestSealine beach, Qatar
Qatar, Gulf Of Oman
dive sites latestAdromina
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
message this message is importantSorry for the newby questions. Been shooting film and digital for 40+ years and decided to take dive lessons this summer. I plan to get an Olympus TG3 for shallow water diving and snorkeling and will probably get a housing for my old Canon G11. I was wondering if I should get some filters for the tg3 and what filters were commonly used to what depths and water conditions. I will be doing a day dive in Cancun over July 4th weekend and don't want to miss the opportunity for taking the best photos even though I'm just starting out. Thanks for your advice.... H2

Homer Humble
31 point member
Homer Humble member image

Answer Hi Homer,
Congrats on taking dive lessons! You won't regret it.

I would strongly recommend the cool ring flash accessory that fits the TG-3: website
It should be great for macro.
You can also get a red filter but it's not that much recommended for shallow / snorkeling. Only 5-15 meters. Shallower than that, your photos and videos would turn out red.
Getting is strobe is also recommended, as it is the only way to get the true colors underwater. Get a YS-01 for you G11 and sync it with fiber optic. You can get great photos with a system like that.
Last thing - remember underwater photography takes time to master and you have to improve your diving skills first, so don't get discouraged if the images aren't that good at first. It gets better smile

Good luck and enjoy!

Ranmor
1535 point member
ranmor member image

message If you have any more questions I would love to help! Just start a chat with us at website
The TG-3 is available here: website smile

Ranmor
1535 point member
ranmor member image

message Nice decision to take dive lessons. Here is an article how to choose equipment. website it will help you smile

Alejandro Lavandos
6 point member
Alejandro Lavandos member image