Contest entries
Boxer crab  Lybia tessellata 
Ambon  Indonesia
By Oksana Maksymova
posted 03:16 CST Today (within the last hour)
Make Room

Malabar Grouper   Epinephelus malabaricus

Sail Rock  Thailand
By Stefan Follows
posted 02:48 CST Today (1 hour ago)
orange pygmaea seahorse
By Hansruedi Wuersten
posted 01:15 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Dolphin with Divers and Jacks  San Benedicto Island M xico
By Alejandro Topete
posted Saturday, May 25, 2019
Mr Stoic
By John Loving
Sargasso Sunlight/Photographed with a Tokina 10 17 mm fisheye lens at San Nicolas dive site  San Carlos  Sonora  Mexico.
By Laurie Slawson

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestL’enfer de Dante
France
dive sites latestveracruz
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico
dive sites latestZevenhuizerplas, ...
Netherlands, Landlocked Seas/Lakes
dive sites latestCenote Xuxi
Mexico
dive sites latestNorth Sands, Aliw...
South Africa, Indian Ocean
dive sites latesttubbataha
Philippines, South China Sea
dive sites latestpolepole.net
Japan, Sea of Japan
dive sites latestCoron Bay Busanga
Philippines, Philippine Sea
dive sites latestpolepoledive.net
Japan, Sea of Japan
dive sites latestLago di San Giorg...
Italy

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Question this message is importantHello ! I would like to shoot underwater and I would like to know what's the best gopro for it. I begin with gopro due to its low price, but there's a large choice ! A friend told me that the gopro hero2 is pretty good, and others that gopro hero3+ is the best. Waiting for your advices, Mahana. (sorry for my english, i'm french as you have guessed it ! )

Mahana
8 point member
Mahana member image

message You'll get better results from the GoPro Hero 3+ over the Hero 2. If you are going to do any diving with the GoPro you absolutely need a filter in order to get good shots. Backscatter sells a filter system called the Flip 3.1 that uses filters that can move in front based on how deep you go. You need a good red filtering system regardless of how deep you go. They also have a green filter if you do any fresh water diving.

Another thing you should consider is a good strobe and tray/handle system. Ikelite, Nauticam, and Backscatter have really good trays made for the GoPro. As for lights there are too many to choose from and depends on what you're using the GoPro for along with your budget. It would be best to just go to sites like Ikelite, Backscatter, etc to review and ask questions to them directly based on your needs.

The very last thing you should consider video editing software which can fix jittery motion or a photo editing software that allows you to layer (i.e...

Daniel Vincent
10 point member
Daniel Vincent member image