Entries to the annual contest close 31st December 2017

19 days to go

Contest entries
Please help it itches so bad.  Moray with several cleaner shrimp
By Marylin Batt
posted 02:34 CST Today (within the last hour)
Dancing pair of Blue Ribbon Eels
By Marylin Batt
posted 02:26 CST Today (within the last hour)
New generation is coming
By Mario Robillard
posted Monday, December 11, 2017
Catfish chaos in Moalboal  Philippines
By Tracey Jennings
The remarkable relationship between the fishermen and whale sharks in remote west papua
By Tracey Jennings
Dwarfed by sardines .. This picture to me represents the hope we as divers must have over effecting positive change on our oceans.
By Tracey Jennings

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestRuble Tower
Qatar, Persian/Arabian Gulf
dive sites latestKoh dock may
Thailand, Andaman Sea
dive sites latestacqua dive house ...
Philippines, Visayan Sea
dive sites latestShark point
Thailand, Andaman Sea
dive sites latestKho Phi Phi
Thailand, Andaman Sea
dive sites latestSunscape House Reef
Netherlands Antilles, Caribbean Sea
dive sites latestKas Turkey
Turkey, Aegean Sea
dive sites latestMisool Eco Resort...
Indonesia, Banda Sea
dive sites latestKas Turkey, here ...
Turkey, Sea of Marmara
dive sites latestMisool Eco Resort...
Indonesia, Banda Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
message this message is importantGot a Canon G7X and underwaterhousing. If I use the underwatersetting on the camera till what depth do I get reasonable colours ?

Bergmanw
38 point member
BergmanW member image

message Generally you will start to lose the colours from around 5-10m, even in tropical water with strong sunlight. Every camera is different, with my Canon S90 anything below about 6m will start to look washed out.
Jenny

Jenny
135 point member
Jenny member image

Question Do you mean that the special underwater setting (and software of course) of the Canon is no good ? And you only get good pictures with Flash and/or postprocess them with Photoshop/Gimp ?
So if

Bergmanw
38 point member
BergmanW member image

message It is good but there is a limit as to how much light (and therefore colour) can be captured. If you are going deeper, it is definitely worth investing in some strobes.

Jenny
135 point member
Jenny member image

message I think Jenny is right, even in clear bright waters a strobe will bring colors out best at all depths. I haven't used the software you mention, but for a lot of people putting a red filter on the lens will warm the colors up for you, a lot of people shooting natural light will shoot RAW, then go into the white balance in Lightroom to make adjustments.. -it's a great camera- best wishes!

Steven Miller
member image