To back up the collections file
- In My Computer or Windows Explorer, locate the following folder on your computer:
\Documents and Settings\UserAccountName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Movie Maker
- Select the collections file Mediatab.dat file in the folder.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Choose another location on your computer or accessible from your computer.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
It is recommended that you copy the collections file to another location either on your computer or that is accessible from your computer, such as a recordable CD, shared network location, or compressed media drive. Therefore, if your existing collections file become unusable or is lost, you can then use this collections file to restore your collections in Windows Movie Maker.