DV device is not responding
The DV video device is not responding and video cannot be captured successfully. This issue may occur if the DV device cannot be contacted successfully by Windows Movie Maker.
To fix this issue, do one or more of the following:
- Turn off the DV camera for a few seconds and then power the camera on again.
- If you chose the Capture the entire tape automatically option on the Capture Method page of the wizard, do the following:
- Click Back in the Video Capture Wizard to go to the Capture Method page.
- Choose Capture parts of the tape manually, and then continue in the wizard.
- Using the transport controls on your DV camera, locate the video on the tape that you want to capture, and then capture the video manually.