No DV device found
A DV device, such a DV camera, was not detected on your computer so your movie cannot be recorded to tape. You may encounter this error for the following reasons.
- The DV camera is not powered on.
- The DV camera went into standby mode. Some DV cameras will go into standby mode if the DV camera is in the record (Camera) mode with a tape in it and no video or audio is sent to or from the camera.
To fix the problem, do one or more of the following, and then try again:
- Verify that the DV device is connected properly to your computer using an cable.
- Verify that the DV camera is powered on and in playback mode.
- Switch the DV camera off and then on again to playback mode.