To add a video transition
- On the storyboard/timeline, select the second of the two video clips or pictures that you want to add a transition between.
- On the Tools menu, click Video Transitions.
In the Movie Tasks pane, under Edit Movie, click View video transitions.
- In the Contents pane, click the video transition you want to add.
- On the Clip menu, click Add to Timeline or Add to Storyboard.
- You can also add a video transition by dragging it to the timeline and dropping it between the two clips on the Video track. Or, on the storyboard, you can drag the video transition to the video transition cell between two video clips or pictures.