To capture live video
- Make sure the capture device is connected properly. If you are using a DV or analog camera, set the mode on your camera to capture live video and audio (often labeled Camera).
- On the File menu, click Capture Video.
In the Movie Tasks pane, under Capture Video, click Capture from video device.
- On the Video Capture Device page, do the following:
- In Available devices, click the analog device you want to use to capture video, and then, in the Video input source list, click the input line you want to use.
- If you want to adjust and configure the video capture device settings, click Configure.
- In the Audio device list, click the audio capture device you want to use, and then, in Audio input source, click the input line that you want to use.
- To adjust the volume of your captured audio, move the Input level slider to the level you want to use.
- In the Enter a file name for your captured video box, enter a file name for your captured video file. Then, in the Choose a place to save your captured video box, select the location where you want your video to be saved or click Browse to select a location.
- On the Video Setting page, select the video setting you want to use for capturing video and audio.
- To separate the video into smaller clips after the wizard completes and the video is captured, select the Create clips when wizard finishes check box.
- To prevent audio from playing over your speakers while capturing video, select the Mute speakers check box.
- To automatically stop capturing after a time period has elapsed, select the Capture time limit check box, and then type or select the length of time you want to capture. Time is displayed in the form of hours:minutes(h:mm).
- To begin capturing, click Start Capture.
- Do one of the following:
- To stop capturing, click Stop Capture.
- If you have selected the Capture time limit check box, wait for the specified amount of time for video to be captured.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 to capture another segment of live video.
- Click Finish to close the Video Capture Wizard.
The captured content is imported into a new collection.
- If you are using a DV camera that is connected to an IEEE 1394 port to capture live video, the audio and video input sources do not appear.