To capture the entire video from a tape in a DV camera
- Make sure your DV device is connected properly to an IEEE 1394 port, and then set the camera mode to play recorded video (often labeled VTR or VCR on a DV camera).
- On the File menu, click Capture Video.
In the Movie Tasks pane, under Capture Video, click Capture from video device.
- On the Video Capture Device page, in Available devices, click the DV camera.
- In the Enter a file name for your captured video box, enter a file name for your captured video file. Then, in the Choose a place to save your captured video box, select the location where you want your video to be saved or click Browse to select a location.
- On the Video Setting page, choose the video setting you want to use for capturing video and audio.
- On the Capture Method page, click Capture the entire tape automatically.
The tape in the DV camera rewinds. Capturing begins automatically and ends when the video tape ends.
- Select any of the following commands:
- To separate the video into smaller clips, select the Create clips when wizard finishes check box.
- To stop capturing before the end of the video tape, click Stop Capture, and then click Yes in the resulting dialog box to save the video that has been captured.
- To close the Video Capture Wizard, click Finish.
The captured content is imported into a new collection with the same name as the specified video file.