To capture video from tape in an analog camera or VCR
- Make sure your analog camera or VCR is connected properly to your computer, and then set the camera mode to play recorded video (often labeled VTR or VCR on an analog camera).
- On the File menu, click Capture Video.
In the Movie Tasks pane, under Capture Video, click Capture from video device.
- On the Video Capture Device page, do the following:
- In Available devices, click the analog device you want to use to capture video, and then, in the Video input source list, click the input line you want to use.
- If you want to adjust and configure the video capture device settings, click Configure.
- In the Audio device list, click the audio capture device you want to use, and then, in Audio input source, click the input line you want to use.
- To adjust the volume of your captured audio, move the Input level slider to the level you want to use.
- In the Enter a file name for your captured video box, enter a file name for your captured video file. Then, in the Choose a place to save your captured video box, select the location where you want your video to be saved or click Browse to select a location.
- On the Video Setting page, select the video setting you want to use for capturing video and audio.
- To separate the video into smaller clips, select the Create clips when wizard finishes check box.
- To prevent audio from playing over your speakers while capturing video, select the Mute speakers check box.
- To automatically stop capturing after a time period has elapsed, select the Capture time limit check box, and then type or select the length of time you want to capture. Time is displayed in the form of hours:minutes(h:mm).
- Using the controls on your analog camera or VCR, locate the video and audio you want to capture from your tape.
- To begin capturing, click Start Capture, and then press the Play button on your analog camera or VCR.
- Do one of the following:
- When the tape reaches the point at which you want to stop capturing, click Stop Capture, and then press the Stop button on your analog camera or VCR.
- If you have selected the Capture time limit check box, wait for the specified amount of time for video to be captured, and then press the Stop button on your analog camera or VCR.
- Repeat steps 9 through 11 for each part of the video tape you want to capture.
- When you have finished capturing, click Finish to close the Video Capture Wizard.
The captured content is imported into a new collection with the same name as the specified video file.