To copy a clip on the storyboard/timeline
- On the storyboard/timeline, select the clip you want to copy.
- On the Edit menu, click Copy.
- Do one of the following, depending on which view you are working in:
- On the storyboard, click the next empty cell.
- On the timeline, move the playback indicator to the point where you want to paste the clip.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
To select multiple clips, hold down the CTRL key and click each clip that you want to copy.
As an alternative to using the menu commands to copy and paste one or more clips, you can also use the mouse to copy and paste. To do this, hold down the CTRL key and click each clip that you want to copy. While still holding down the CTRL key, drag the selected clip or clips to the new location on the storyboard/timeline. When you copy clips by using the mouse, a small plus sign in a square appears to indicate that the clip is being copied.