To copy a movie on DV tape to an analog tape
- Connect your DV camera to your VCR, often by using one of the following configurations:
- Composite (RCA) inputs. Connect the DV camera and VCR through a connection that uses RCA-style connectors. The composite Video and Audio Out (many times this is one input on a DV camera) are connected to the composite Video In input (which is yellow) and Audio In left and right inputs (which are white and red, respectively) on the VCR. Many times, these inputs are located on the front of many VCRs today.
- S-video. Connect the DV camera and VCR through a connection that uses RCA-style connectors for the audio and S-video for the video. The right and left Audio Out input (many times, this is one input) are connected to the Audio In left and right inputs (which are white and red respectively) on the VCR while an S-video cable is connected to the DV camera and VCR to record the video (if your VCR has an S-video connector).
- Using the transport controls on the DV camera, fast-forward or rewind to the point of the tape where you want to begin recording to the tape in the VCR.
- Using the transport controls on the VCR, fast-forward or rewind to the point of the tape where you want to begin recording the content from the DV camera to the tape in the VCR.
- Make sure the tape in the VCR does not contain any video you want to save. It will be overwritten with the content on the DV tape.
- Set the VCR to record from the appropriate video and audio inputs. For complete information about recording from the appropriate input, see the documentation provided with your VCR.
- Press Record on the VCR to begin recording.
- Press Play on the DV camera to begin playing back the movie.
- Press Stop on the VCR to stop recording.
- Press Stop on the DV camera to stop playback.
- Using this configuration lets you share your movies with others and watch the movie on a TV. The configuration you use to connect your DV camera to your VCR depends on your specific camera and VCR. Many VCR manuals contain specific information about how to connect a VCR to a video camera.