To import existing digital media files
- On the File menu, click Import into Collections.
Do one of the following, depending on what type of digital media file you want to import:
- In the Movie Tasks pane, under Capture Video, click Import video.
- In the Movie Tasks pane, under Capture Video, click Import pictures.
- In the Movie Tasks pane, under Capture Video, click Import audio or music.
- In File name, enter the path and file name of the file you want to import, and then click Import.
- If you want selected video files to be separated into smaller clips, select the Create clips for video files check box.
- You can import several files at one time. For consecutive files, click the first file in the list, press and hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the last file in the list. For files that are not consecutive, press and hold down the CTRL key, and then click each file that you want to import.