To move a clip on the storyboard/timeline
- On the storyboard/timeline, select the clip you want to move.
- On the Edit menu, click Cut.
- Do one of the following, depending on which view you are working in:
- On the storyboard, click the next empty cell.
- On the timeline, move the playback indicator to the point where you want to paste the clip.
- On the Edit menu, click Paste.
To select multiple clips, hold down the CTRL key and click each clip that you want to cut.
As an alternative to using the menu commands to cut and paste one or more clips, you can also use the mouse to cut and paste. To do this, hold down the CTRL key and click each clip that you want to move, and then drag the selected clip to the new location on the storyboard/timeline. When you move clips by using the mouse, a square appears to indicate that the file or clip is being moved.