Contest entries
A french angel peeking around the corner
By Lowrey Holthaus
posted 15:10 CST Today (within the last hour)
A reluctant model. This Juvenile Dusky Grouper was hiding under a rock and I had to hold camera in place  under the rock  to obtain this portrait
By David Gilchrist
posted 14:56 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Only a face a mother will love
By Mario Robillard
posted 14:32 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Nudibranch Antena 2
By Khaled Zaki
posted 14:21 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Coral Mandala
By Khaled Zaki
posted 14:14 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Ceramic Crab eggs   fan
By Khaled Zaki
posted 14:05 CST Today (1 hour ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestChumphone island
Thailand, Asian Sea
dive sites latestLampedusa island
Italy, Mediterranean Sea
dive sites latestIsland View Beach
Canada, Pacific
dive sites latestTelegraph Cove
Canada, Pacific
dive sites latestNesgja
Iceland
dive sites latestBunaken National ...
Indonesia, Celebes Sea
dive sites latestZeeland, sealand....
Netherlands, North Sea
dive sites latestThe Magnet: Belon...
Indonesia, Indian Ocean
dive sites latestKuanji tulamben bali
Indonesia, Bali Sea
dive sites latestkona offshore
United States, Pacific

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Question this message is importantHI all, I have a couple cameras for diving, a Sony RX100M2 and Canon G12 both with Ikelite housings and DS125 strobes. I just purchased a Nikon D7200 because I like the pictures I have seen coming from it, especially macro. I was told that the 3 main lenses are Nikon 60mm macro, 105mm macro and Tokina 10-17 fisheye/wide angle. Does anyone use this camera and have more or different ideas on lenses for this camera? I also got 2 new Ikelite DS161 strobes for this and I guess the other cameras. Suggestions would be appreciated for lenses and ports.
As of now, I have not purchased the housing yet and could go to another housing but I know Ikelite and could be convinced to change but need good reasons. I have not even held a housing for this Nikon yet.
All help appreciated.
Thanks, Jerry

Buick48
248 point member
Buick48 member image

message Hi Jerry! -I work with Ikelite, so take that into consideration- I agree totally with your lens selections, with a crop sensor I like the 60mm over the 100mm, but it looks like you have both.. if you like super macro, the 100mm will probably be your choice. You may like to know that all of your dual cords, and battery packs will be interchangeable from your G-12 to a nikon DSLR, so you'll be well covered. I encourage you to look closely at the dome port choices, -I prefer the big 8 inch dome for that lens, but it's big.. the 6 inch dome will vignette a bit on the Tokina from 10mm to around 13mm, also on the viewer the magnified 45 degree is a major improvement over the standard viewer. Hope this helps! Steve

Steven
6922 point member
steven member image

Answer Hey Jerry,

I agree with Steve. The lenses you mentioned would be ideal and as long as you're familiar with Ikelite, it would be a good choice to stick with it. Especially if you have the strobes and accessories for it already. The port system is quite extensive and it's the best value for your money.
The DSLR housing is rather big so take that into account and remember that it will make traveling a bit more complex. However, the quality leap is worth it for most.
We would love to help you out with the specifics and find the right ports for you on our retail front - website
Give us a buzz on the online chat and our experts would be happy to assist! cool

Ranmor
1535 point member
ranmor member image