Contest entries
Shining in the dark/Bobtail Squid//Lembeh  Indonesia/Canon 5D Mark IV  Canon 100 macro F/2.8L   Sea Sea housing  A.T.G 10 Inon Z240 2  Solo1200 1.
By Yuping Chen
posted 13:57 CST Today (within the last hour)
Anemone into his colorful dress
By Mario Robillard
posted 13:14 CST Today (within the last hour)
a small horse
By Marc Van Den Broeck
posted 12:39 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Yellow pins
By Marc Van Den Broeck
posted 12:37 CST Today (1 hour ago)
Felimare picta
New light experiment
By Cumhur Gedikoglu
posted 11:50 CST Today (2 hours ago)
The wreck of the HMS Maori   HMS Maori was a Tribal class destroyer. She served with the Mediterranean Fleet until she was bombed and sunk by German aircraft while at Malta in 1942. Photograph taken with slave strobe.
By Christian Llewellyn
posted 10:18 CST Today (3 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestNesgja
Iceland
dive sites latestBunaken National ...
Indonesia, Celebes Sea
dive sites latestZeeland, sealand....
Netherlands, North Sea
dive sites latestThe Magnet: Belon...
Indonesia, Indian Ocean
dive sites latestKuanji tulamben bali
Indonesia, Bali Sea
dive sites latestkona offshore
United States, Pacific
dive sites latestAdrome
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico
dive sites latestHenderson Point, ...
Canada, Pacific
dive sites latestSealine beach, Qatar
Qatar, Gulf Of Oman
dive sites latestAdromina
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
Question this message is importantI'm very new to underwater photography, and would like some helpful hints wherever I can get them. I have a few photos, and I'm not sure how many I can upload, so I'll try to put some of my best few if I can. Thanks!

Nektnt
51 point member
member image

message I apologize, my file didn't seem to upload, and I can't find a way to edit post.

Nektnt
51 point member
member image

message Hi and welcome to UnderwaterPhotography.com.

You can link to your photos from the contest page by clicking on 'Discuss this image' just below the thumbnail. Let us know if you're having problems uploading by using the contact button and we'll try to help.

Jenny
135 point member
Jenny member image

message It's not the camera. The worlds best camera won't make you a better photographer anymore then the worlds best stove will make you a better cook. Start by reading. There are hundreds (if not thousands) of books and websites dedicated to photography and improving skills. Study art. Painters use a brush, photographers use a camera and both mediums attract the eye. Find your underwater photographic passion (wrecks, divers, macro, etc.) and start shooting using your new found knowledge. Look at photos you like of comparable subjects. Study them. Understand what you like about them (lighting, composition, etc.) and develop your own techniques and style. Know the rules that create great photos, make them your own and then break those rules. They're only guidelines anyways. Keep shooting. Show us your stuff. There's lots of people here who can help. Above all else, enjoy what you do.

Trust this helps!

Mike
smile

Michaelgrebler
3545 point member
michaelgrebler member image

message Hi!) You can found many ideas in google. On many different sites) Like this website

Misterr
5 point member
MisterR member image