Contest entries
School on the Coral
By Emily Melvin
posted 16:28 CST Today (within the last hour)
Thuridilla hopei
COLOURS
By Cumhur Gedikoglu
posted 14:56 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Thorny seahorse with snooted backlit.
By Mehmet Salih Bilal
posted 14:56 CST Today (2 hours ago)
colours
By Svetoslav Dimitrov
posted 14:26 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Curious Cape fur seal  Patridge point False bay  South Africa
By Filip Staes
posted 14:22 CST Today (2 hours ago)
Blue shark
By Filip Staes
posted 14:14 CST Today (2 hours ago)

Photo Dive Sites
dive sites latestswimming pool
Russia
dive sites latestThe Breakers, Pal...
United States, Atlantic (North American coastal)
dive sites latestGorontalo, Sulawe...
Indonesia, Molucca Sea
dive sites latestCaracol
Mexico, Gulf Of Mexico
dive sites latestShark Alley
Bahamas, Atlantic
dive sites latestNa'ama Bay
Egypt, Red Sea
dive sites latestPlum Cove
United States, Atlantic
dive sites latestBolaang Mongondow...
Indonesia, Molucca Sea
dive sites latestMiseno, Naples Italy
Italy, Mediterranean Sea
dive sites latestThe figure on the...
Indonesia, Bali Sea

infoYou are not logged so will not be able to make forum posts until you login or open a member account
  Really Simple Syndication  
message this message is importantI have a very rare housing for medium format Pentax 67 camera (there were only 30 made) with 2 ports. I am thinking about selling it -- if anybody is interested, let me know...

Pawel
63 point member
member image

message Hello Pawel,

Do you still have the pentax housing for sell?

Thank you.

Regards,

Alexander Matowsky
122 point member
member image

message Hi Alexander,

Yes, I still have it... Are you familiar with it? I think it was made in the 70s or early 80s -- from the guy I've bought it from there were only about 30 made and half of this batch was bought by the military -- I am not sure how may are still around. I haven't used it in 4 years, but it is in a box in an air-conditioned area and should be in perfect working order...

I also have gears for a fish eye lens and a 90mm lens.

I can send you pictures if you are interested... Of course a price is an issue. Since it is somewhat a collectible and i am not in need of money, I will part with it only if the offer is good smile

Pawel

Pawel
63 point member
member image

message Hello Pawel,

Thank you for your quick response. Please, could you send me photos at this address: alexmatosas@gmail.com? I would like to check the housing to know if is it the one I am looking for.

Thank you very much again!

Alex

Alexander Matowsky
122 point member
member image

See attached photos.

There are several things that the housing consist of:

1) the housing
2) two ports
3) camera prism
4) gears for the lenses

Pawel

Pawel
63 point member
member image

Pawel
63 point member
member image

open housing + prism on pentax 6 x 7 body + gears on 90mm & fisheye lenses

Pawel
63 point member
member image

Pawel
63 point member
member image

Pawel
63 point member
member image

message Dear! Pawel

I just register as a member to the forum, I would like to know if your ad regarding the Pentax marine housing is still for sale, since I did saw any date of publication I'am guessing this could be an old ad. If it is possible I would appreciate to get an email with pictures, I am very interested about the housing but I still have to evaluate if a film camera housing would be practical for my project.

I am still using once in a while films, but demanding on request of the project and budget I might have to go in digital.

Still I would appreciate to get documentation.

Many thanks! Trebor PIXOLO

Trebor Pixolo
14 point member
member image

Answer Hi Trebor,

Yes I still have it. Just like you I still use medium format film occasionally, but no longer underwater... At this point I see it more as an unique piece of photographic history, than a gear. Unless you have some very real reason for shooting film underwater, I would try to discourage you. It is very limiting in comparison to today's digital technology -- You have only 10 shots and then you have to get dry again to reload it. (I know this could be "a plus" as it enforces a greater discipline smile ). Image quality wise it is comparable to good quality digital. Today, it gives you no edge, since you no longer have to worry about the film grain comparison of 35 mm vs 6x7.

It is also expensive -- I paid for it $3000 about 10 years ago and at this point I see more upside potential selling it to a collector than a photographer. Honestly, I forgot that I still have it until you reminded m... smile

If you are still interested, please make me an offer.

Best regards,

Pawel
63 point member
member image

message Hi there, i would like to know if the housing still avaible

Wawasonico
28 point member
member image

message Yes. I still have it. smile

Pawel
63 point member
member image

message Hello, sorry i have no idea how old the posts are but i was hoping you still had your underwater casing for sale for the pentax?

Ben Eagle
5 point member
member image

message Is the housing still for sale??? Sorry I do not know how old these comments are and I am really interested in buying one!

Will Zinterhofer
6 point member
Will Zinterhofer member image